top of page

Indigenous Needs Fund

Immediate assistance for Indigenous community members who live or work in Emmet or Charlevoix counties.

Through this fund, we offer financial relief to Indigenous families who may be going through an emergency situation or otherwise struggling to afford the high cost of living.


Assistance is available for:

  • Rent payments, home mortgages, or home repairs

  • Gas, electric, water, or other utility assistance

  • Food assistance, including baby formula and fresh produce

  • Tuition assistance, including early childhood education or daycare payments

  • Medical or health expenses 

  • Transportation costs 

  • Other expenses may qualify

Open to those that self-identify as Indigenous who currently live or work in Emmet and Charlevoix counties, OR to individuals who are currently enrolled in the federally-recognized tribe of Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians who may live elsewhere.

Please see application for all details and constraints. Submitting an application does not guarantee you will receive assistance.

If you think you qualify, fill out an application through the link below. We will do our best to respond to you within 48 hours. 

If your situation is urgent or if you have questions, please connect with us directly. For all medical emergencies please dial 9-1-1.

bottom of page